1.31.2011

Kev Brown, "Instrumentals Vol. 1"

Ok, I think I did a much better job updating this blog last month. I'm gonna try and get better at that, especially if I want this to be an ongoing thing. Last night, I just happened to be on one site that had a link going to DJ Premier's blog (which I hadn't visited in a while) and while there I noticed that he had Kev Brown's blog linked on his site (shouts). So I visited Kev Brown's blog and saw a recent post that he had put out an instrumental album. Anybody that knows me knows I'm a big Low Budget fan and especially when it comes to production/material by their two heaviest hitters; Kev Brown and Oddisee. Oddisee's been busy making his own lane as of late with Diamond District and touring the world on a regular basis hooking up projects with other artists. He's due to drop a solo joint on MelloMusicGroup this coming spring that I'm definitely looking forward to. Kev Brown, on the other hand (and I'm sure I'm mistaken about this), seems like he's been on the low for a little while. Who knows, he could be about to bust out with a rack of albums with other artists and so forth; hey, it's about quality not quantity. Who am I to judge? All I know is, Kev is consistent and I always fiend for his sound. At any rate, if you feel crisp, warm, thumping drums over soulful sample chops like I do, go get his "Instrumentals Vol. 1" from his Bandcamp site.


Buy Kev Brown, "Instrumentals Vol. 1":
http://kevbrown.bandcamp.com/album/kev-brown-instrumentals-vol-i

No comments:

Post a Comment