2.08.2011

Cortez, "The Journey"

Sometimes I wonder what a plug from a bigger name in the music community would do for me and my crews. I'm sure that day will come; I just have to keep bearing my torch and believing in my craft and what I have to offer. Up til this point, I had never heard of another artist from the DMV named Cortez (again, I'm not the know-all-end-all of active and involved artists from the DC area) but like I mentioned earlier, if you get a plug from Oddisee, whose name holds much weight for me, I'm bound to receive it as a dope co-sign. Such is the case for Cortez's current and freely downloadable project, "The Journey". And with production boosted by the likes of DMV's SlimKat78 (another local name I'm a big fan of), then this just happens to be one of those joints I must check out.



Download Cortez's, "The Journey":
http://dccortez.bandcamp.com/album/the-journey

No comments:

Post a Comment