12.06.2010

klipm0de, "Episodes"


Ok, I've known about the Klipm0de Krew for all of about 2-3 years and I'm telling you, this crew paints audibly. Made up of mndsgn, devonwho, Suzi Analog, knxl3dg3, they all offer a different take on production styles in hip hop and electronic music. You can hear the Dilla influence, you can hear the Madlib, you can hear DJ Premier too. But they've managed to set their own standard in production and what's great is they all while vaguely similar, have their own flavors (shameless plug: one of the things I like about my own crew, Subwoofer Science... LOL).

With this release, "Episodes", mndsgn and Devonwho offer a 29 track deep package of pounding for those that like miniscule sample chops, electronic sound vibrations and hard-hitting drum kits... most of them will journey you out into space (something I have always favored in beat production) but there are others that are easier to take. I'm a fan of production and extensive use of technology and that's what I've come to expect when I hear of anything being released by Klipm0de. Sounds like a bunch of techies geeking over freaking the mess out of some kick and snare on Ableton Live (which I believe I heard them say they use in a podcast interview). Kudos to them. Keep it coming.

You can learn more about the Klipm0de Krew at http://www.klipmode.com. For now, I recommend downloading this new project and working your way backwards. LOL, it's a lot to take in but it's extremely dope. I'm all for the techies and geeks, man. Time out for the thugs just acting their way up to a record deal (gimmicks) and ruining the industry for everybody else once they get it.

Download klipm0de's "Episodes":
http://klipmode.bandcamp.com/album/episodes

No comments:

Post a Comment