12.02.2010

auDiBLe-INTEGRITY presents "A Wintry Mix"


January 2010:
Winter/Christmas season was upon us and I felt inspired to put out a project sampling some of my favorite Christmas season songs. The DC area had been hit with a blizzard a couple weeks prior to the new year and was about to be hit again unbeknownst to us living there and in the surrounding areas. In a rush to try to put it out on Christmas day (poor planning), made a number of themed instrumentals and asked Ryan Lucas to contribute some vocals on one of the beats. At the last minute, I asked my man, EROX (who featured us on his beat project, The Genesis later on) to contribute some rhymes as well. Because I didn't plan ahead like I should have, I wasn't able to release it on Christmas, but I did manage to put it out on New Years Day (1/1/10).

If you take a listen, you'll hear me ranting on the season and what it means to me, you'll hear some familiar samples from Christmas favorites and you'll hear some dope lyricism as well. I've thought about extending the concept to make it something where I cover all of the Earth's seasons. That may happen, but only with better planning this time... LOL.

Download "A Wintry Mix":
http://subwooferscience.bandcamp.com/album/a-wintry-mix

No comments:

Post a Comment