12.02.2010

A quick rundown...

It wouldn't be right if I didn't begin this blog by posting some material that I've had a hand in making, be it as a lyricist or as a producer, or both. I mentioned that I'm in two hip hop groups based in the DC metro area, DPA and Subwoofer Science. The latter has been the most active in recent years. The group is comprised of my cousin, Julian Weaver (aka Boom88) and my good friend, Ryan Singletary (aka Ryan Lucas). Boom88 and Ryan Lucas were already 5-6 (maybe more) songs deep on their own material when I moved back to the DC area from Atlanta. My initial intention was to place a few beats on whatever project they were working on and maybe get a vocal guest spot somewhere; nothing serious.

I can't remember if it was the very first or second session that we had but during one of those sessions, I created "Concrete Memories" (track 2 on the Subwoofer Science EP). I think that's when we realized the level of chemistry that was taking place. I text messaged them later on that night, "That's it. We need to become crew." Subwoofer Science was born... months later, we would put out a 6 track EP of our songs then re-release it as a 10-track EP in the fall of '09. Ryan Lucas also dropped an instrumental LP around that same time called "one:twenty". January 2010, I squeezed out a 9 track (mostly) instrumental concept album called "A Wintry Mix" sampling some favorite Christmas/Winter-themed songs. Ryan Lucas and my man, EROX from Raleigh NC laced the two guest spots on the project. Valentine's Day 2010, we dropped a collaborative project where all 3 of us contributed beats or songs that we produced that covered some aspect of love. This project was called "On Love".

No comments:

Post a Comment